Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

booting program from floppy

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I once tried to use a program to wipe my hard drive on an old system, and when I inserted the floppy with the program on it, and rebooted my system, the program never started, instead I got the error message, "non system disc or disc error", and I was unable to use the program since my system wouldn't recognize the program. Is there any way to avoid this when trying to use a bootable floppy?

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If you've wiped your hard drive and are trying to reinstall your operating system, go into Setup and set to boot from cd-rom, put your first cd-rom in and exit setup. Then the cd-rom should load and you will be given the options you need to format and install.