Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hello I need some adive and a little Help

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well the big problems with that setup is that you have selected a micro ATX motherboard for a standard ATX case(not the best make of motherboard either). And you are getting a case with a PSU this is a bad idea, power supplies ideally should be purchased seperatly from a none high quality brand eg Antec, enermax etc. generic PSUs like the ones that come with most cases are rubbish and can cause damage to the system on some occasions and are more prone to breakage and surges.
Make sure you get a venice core for the CPU at least.

Advertisements

NewbyUkranian

NewbyUkranian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
ok ic..well could u maybe list some good mobos for this processor? im having a hard time choosing..and for the case im taking out the old PSu and putting in a new one

Edited by NewbyUkranian, 10 November 2005 - 05:40 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well your as well buying a decent one without one, you are paying for the PSU so you may as well get a case without one that way you should end up with a better case. I reccomend Antec all the cases from them are rock solid with great airflow.
MSI, DFI, and ABIT are the best for the NF4 Ultras, and then saphire have the crossfire boards and MSI are bringing one out as well, i havent had time to read to many reveiws on the new ATI chipset for 939 so i dont know how it stands up to the NF4s.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Yes I recommend a good quality power supply seperate from a case, I didnt say anything because I though you were on a budget of some kind.

Good motherboards are Dfi, Gigabyte, Abit and Some Msi.

NewbyUkranian

NewbyUkranian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
u c im 15 and i dont have a job so i am kinda on a budget but im getting some pretty sweet deals on some of this stuff so i can probally get a better case :tazz:

NewbyUkranian

NewbyUkranian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813127222

is this any good it seems perfect for my processor and video card

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Yes that is perfect for you, good job :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah that one is pretty good, i would still look around but once you have found one there is less pressure. This system i use now i started off with one board then picked another and then another all as i read various reviews and read over the comaprisons and picked one that gave the best performance for what i wanted to do.

NewbyUkranian

NewbyUkranian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i have gone through about 5 mobos that i wanted to already buy..im still looking but im pretty sure this is gonna be the one thats good enough for the short amount of money i have to spend.. all in all Thnx u guys this site helped lots and so did both of u :tazz:

2coolforu

2coolforu

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
well, I have a AMD Duron and a Pentium 4 with HT tech. they are both good, i heard that AMD's last longer but the Pentium D is more powerful

Advertisements