Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recovering Bios

• Please log in to reply

Vathros

Vathros

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Intels website said the process takes 2-5 mins. And that the system will shutdown when done. Im going on 20mins and I still hear the floppy disk working...Anyone ever do this before and how long did it take?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what exactly are you trying to do?

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I think he's trying to recover from updating his BIOS, but he didn't actually say it - I'm just going off the title of the thread.

That being said, a "simple" BIOS update never is...................... I've done about 30 or 40 different systems and each time it is a breath-taking, death-defying experience...................... my advice to anyone considering updating BIOS is that if everything on your system works............. DON'T DO IT!! Unless you know for a fact what you are embarking upon and have the confidence and troubleshooting skills to recover when one fails

and they will fail.......................