Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

yahoo messenger disaster

• Please log in to reply

wired2boot

wired2boot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Coach,
It brings me to the Yahoo Advanced Seach page. And hey, Its Sunday! Have a great Day! If this doesn't get worked out LIfe isn't going to stop! Enjoy your family today and live in the moment. LIfe is too short to Worry about such petty things on beautiful days Like this. I personally am going to fly a kite!

Thanks again for all you are doing. Holla atcha later tonight
Caio
Wired2Boot

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I have been asking the other experts and I haven't had any luck. This is really perplexing me. You did uninstall Yahoo IM, right? And the Yahoo toolbar? And anything else Yahoo-related through the add/remove programs?

After you did all that, did you run cleanup!?

Please download CleanUp! - Download - HomePage
Install and run. Click on the button labeled CleanUp!.

When it finishes it will prompt you to restart Windows - there will be one or two files it cannot delete when Windows is running - however, they will be deleted next time Windows starts up.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
This is from Metallica.

Can you ask if this is something he recognizes:
SearchList = sshla.local
Those are usually on network computers, but maybe someone has misconfigured it. (And maybe it can even be abused)

And you can get him to look at his Autosearch settings:
http://websearch.abo...iedefault_7.htm
Maybe they are simply set to search at Yahoo if the addess is incomplete.

wired2boot

wired2boot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks Coach, I'll ask. and see what happens. I still think it is something on my local machine because this problem never happened before installed the messenger.

Anyway, I'll ask.
thanks
Wired2Boot