Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

computer hard to start

• Please log in to reply

Absent

Absent

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
well uh my uh computer wont uh start up so easily. i have to turn it on and off
for like 20 minutes just to get it on! i have no idea what it is, but it does beep until
i turn it on and off for like 10 minutes. its getting really annoying and i would like to fix it. please help me fix it.!!! :woot: :) :woot: :woot: :tazz: :P :( :) :P :P
please

Advertisements

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey,

um... your hard drives may have shiffted in place.

you can try cracking open the computer and making sure everything is in its right slots and properly secure.

MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE PROPER PRECAUTIONS!!
while opening it!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
could you be a little more descriptive?
what h appens when y ou turn it on?
does it go through post at all?
describe the beeps...is it one beep? a bunch of beeps? what's the pattern?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
What kind of computer do you have, and what is the OS? They're not all exactly alike. You have some diagnostics on your computer, in System Tools, run disk cleanup and scandisk if you can. turn off any screensavers. If you can go to the maker's website and download any diagnostics, if they didn't provide any with the computer.

We can try to help you more but you need to tell us more about the machine first.

Absent

Absent

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
i looked at my drives, everythings in place.
when i turn it on, its kinda weird, it just sits there and does nothing for about 20 seconds, then it beeps. eventually the monitor will refresh and turn on. but thats only after about 20 minutes playing with it. Any ideas on whats wrong with it? :tazz: