Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Data Recovery

• Please log in to reply

clicketysplit

clicketysplit

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
[font=Comic Sans Ms]Greetings All!

Can anyone help? I backed up my entire photo collection on DVD and restored my computer and when I went to restore the backed up photos from the disk I accidently stared an erase of the disk with Record Now, when I attempt to browse the disk it does not display any inofrmation or contents of the disk. Among the measures I have taken were, I downloaded a number of data recovery freeware tools that allowed me to scan the DVD and to my surprise all the files were still there, however all theprograms I downloaded from download.com asked me for a registration key to unlock the scanned files.

So if anyone has a program for rescueing deleted or damged disks or knows of a freeware link for doing so, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Desparate in USA :tazz:

Advertisements

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Data recovery is big business in many places.............