Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Home Network doesn`t work

• Please log in to reply

Robert Andrei

Robert Andrei

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I`ve a Vaio notbook and a desktop PC, I just bought a ROUTER and I install the Internet connetion on both computers. The Internet connetion work fine on each computers, BUT I CAN`T SEE THE COMPUTERs in my mshome network. Ping work fine, but I can`t see my computer in VIEW WORKGROUP COMPUTERS !

Please help me ..

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
ensure you have file/printer sharing enabled on both, as well as allowing file/printer sharing on the exceptions in the XP firewall on both systems.

Also check you are on the same SUBNET (ie

Last ditch effort try to "Map Network Drive" to the shared folder on each system.

Oh, yeah, XP does have ONE default shared folder, but you should make one from your account for ease of use.................. not a requirement though