Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinAmp or WindowsMediaPlayer wont play audio CD's

• Please log in to reply

Nito956

Nito956

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Heres a copy of my conversation with a dell tech about trying to resolve this issue... please help!

{premjit_singh 1:51:23 AM} Thank you for contacting Dell Consumer Hardware Warranty Support Chat. My name is Premjit. How may I assist you today?

{ 1:52:04 AM} i'm having trouble playing audio cds on both my drivers

{premjit_singh 1:52:29 AM} Please give me a moment to review your question. Meanwhile, may I know the complete name, telephone number & e-mail address as in our records?

{premjit_singh 1:53:26 AM} Thank you for the information. Please give me a moment while I pull up the records.

{premjit_singh 1:54:13 AM} Juan, are you contacting us for the Dimension 4550 system?

{ 1:54:19 AM} yes

{premjit_singh 1:54:25 AM} Could you tell me which Operating System are you currently running on your system?

{ 1:54:31 AM} XP

{premjit_singh 1:55:03 AM} Is it Home or Professional?
{ 1:55:09 AM} home

{premjit_singh 1:55:15 AM} Thank you for the details.

{premjit_singh 1:55:36 AM} Juan, are the CD's not playing at all or is there no sound?

{ 1:56:43 AM} they dont play at all... when i insert the disc in the driver, the driver reads it at 1kb size all tracks and when i click to play nothin will play

{premjit_singh 1:58:19 AM} Could you tell me what software you are using to play the Audio cd's?

{ 1:58:59 AM} i use several but i'm tryin it with windows media player

{premjit_singh 1:59:59 AM} Do you see the cd contents in My Computer window by right clicking on it?

{ 2:01:11 AM} yes i see the cd contents and i see them all at 1kb size

{premjit_singh 2:02:33 AM} So it seems the cd is not playing only. Does Windows Media player come up when you click on play?

{ 2:03:38 AM} yes

{premjit_singh 2:03:58 AM} Does it show any error message?

{ 2:04:04 AM} it gives me this message Windows Media Player cannot play the file. If the file is on another computer, verify that you are connected to the network. If you typed a path, verify that it is correct. If the problem persists, the server might not be available.

{premjit_singh 2:06:11 AM} Juan, the issue that you are facing with your system is a software issue.
For software related issues Dell offers a fee-based HelpDesk to assist you with quick and easy answers to questions about non-Dell branded hardware and to provide assistance in software usage. The standard warranty on your system does not cover these types of issues. The Dell HelpDesk can be reached by calling 866-930-3355. This service is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and 365 days a year. The Helpdesk support service would provide you with extensive software support, the fee for this service is reasonable.

{ 2:07:01 AM} wow

{premjit_singh 2:07:29 AM} However, I can guide you with a few steps.

{ 2:07:30 AM} so thats the only way to take care of this issue
{premjit_singh 2:07:36 AM} Could you please tell me since when this issue began?

{ 2:07:57 AM} its been 2months
{premjit_singh 2:09:22 AM} Were these cd's playing earlier?

{ 2:09:54 AM} yes... i play them in my stereo all the time

{ 2:10:22 AM} it would work on my cpu also

{premjit_singh 2:11:05 AM} Were they playing in this system earlier also?

{ 2:11:15 AM} yea earlier this year

{premjit_singh 2:14:26 AM} Ok. Please try and download the Windows Media player 10 and install it- http://www.microsoft...10/default.aspx

{premjit_singh 2:14:38 AM} See, if this resolves the issue.

{ 2:15:23 AM} done it already... my winamp player wont play it either

{premjit_singh 2:17:16 AM} Juan, I'm afraid it seems to be a software issue and I would not be able to resolve it any further.

{premjit_singh 2:17:44 AM} Please contact our helpdesk for this issue's resolution.
The visitor has ended the chat session.

{premjit_singh 2:19:32 AM} Thank you for choosing Dell!

Advertisements