Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

One way to get rid of WinFixer and Virtumonde [closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

MarkJz

MarkJz

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I too was infected with virtumonde and WinFixer popups. After trying a few freeware products (AD-Adware SE, Spypot, XofSpy), I finally got rid of the problem using the 14-day free trial version of SpySweeper from Webroot.com. I hope this may be of help to others. Note: I am not connected in any fashion with the company or its product.

Mark J.

Advertisements

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
Welcome MarkJz to Geeks to Go!

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm glad to hear you've solved the problem. Still, I don't recommend this for all to use. SpySweeper is a trial version. We also use it to remove other infections. You might end up with one of those and then you will no longer be able to use it to help out.

Just post a HijackThis log to your topic and we will help you remove WinFixer and Virtumonde!