Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows service pack setup

• Please log in to reply

Mel604

Mel604

• Pip
  • 1 posts
whenever i try to download express or custom updates, windows service pack setup needs to close message comes up. Out of 20 downloads, i might get to download and install 4. Technical info says it's update exe and application compatibility text error. (in LOCAL/ TEMP files). It wont allow me to download SP2, but did allow SP3. Although now it does not appear in ADD/REMOVE programs.

As an added bonus about:blank has highjacked my browser.

Ive gone through every step that microsoft update page has to offer, still causing grief and not able to fix.
Desperate for help!!!!!!

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Hey Mel: Sounds like you might have some malware. Post a hijack this log (see my sig.) and post it in this thread and I'll move it to the malware section to be looked at. :tazz: