Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random computer reboot

• Please log in to reply

kfoster

kfoster

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
While playing games, my computer randomly reboot itself. I have all the latest drivers installed for graphics, motherboard, etc. My system specs:

Intell P4 2.5GHz
512 ram
Radeon X850 pro AGP 256mem
20G Pri HD
40G Sec HD
DVD R/W drive

I just upgraded this system from an AMD 1.8GHz and didn't have any rebooting problem. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Doorslam

Doorslam

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
I know there is a capicitor problem going around. The capicitors on the MB will bulge up and sometimes even leak.

Is this a new computer or have you had it a while?

You can try opening up the computer and taking a look at the capicitors on the mother board and see if any are bulged and/or leaking. If this is the case, you need a new MB. If all the caps seem fine, there is a diff. problem.

kfoster

kfoster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
The motherboard looks OK. I didn't see any leaking or bulging componants, but I,m not an electronic expert. Any other suggestion?

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
RAM is ur problem.

kfoster

kfoster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Funny that you said that, I had a system crash a while back and it asked me to send a error report to Microsoft. I replied and It came back saying I might have memory problems. I thought it was a generic response, so I didn't put mush faith in it. I do remember buying the 256 RAM at different time, but I don't know the speed off hand. These RAM chips was been pass down from two motherboard upgraded. I will check into getting new memory and I let you know what happen.

Thanks