Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just installed new cpu, mobo, and gfx card and computer will not post.

• Please log in to reply

p0pstarthreat13

p0pstarthreat13

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just installed a new mobo, cpu, and gfx card. When it gets to the bios startup screen, it just freezes. I found out when i dissconect my hddit boots into the bios, no problem. I was wondering i installed all this to an existing harddrive. Do you guys think that i just need to update my bios or get a new harddrive, because i tried booting from my windows cd, and i get an error every time i try to install windows on my hdd. Thanks guys.

Edited by p0pstarthreat13, 10 November 2005 - 07:57 AM.

Advertisements

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
is the graphics card of the same interface as your old one or was this an upgrade from a pci card or onboard video. because you may have to disable your onboard video first, and or set the "video boot sequence" to select where post should look for a video accelerator first. also maybe you have to set the agp apature size or some other special setting for your motherboard.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

A bios update will not solve your problem, it sounds like a bad hdd because its freezing the computer and you canot load windows onto it so I would try another hdd.

Rick