Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iPod not being recognised

• Please log in to reply

black rebel

black rebel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I bought a iPod last week and it worked fine for a few days. I was able to import files no problem.

Now, when I plug the USB cable into the bottom of it, it says it's being charged (but the battery meter doesn't seem to have gone up after I take the cable out) and the pod icon isn't on the left-hand panel in iTunes.

As a result, I can't transfer anything from my iTunes onto my iPod as it's not recognising that it's plugged in.

I've tried putting the USB cable into different ports, plugging and unplugging, restarting, doing things in different orders, but nothing.

Anyone got anything to suggest before I ring the supplier?

Advertisements

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
did you by any chance install service pack 2? just a question because i installed service pack 2 and my ipod stoped getting recognized. had to remove sp2

otherwise

try uninstalling everything that has to do with your ipod. (itunes, ipod updater, ipod service) and reinstalling it all. also maybe you might want to system restore to back when it worked, in case something happend that stoped it from working.