Anyway, the long and the short of it is that I ended up loosing about 1,000 RANDOM songs (even with a DVD backup of my iTunes folder…) . I used a data recovery program called R-Studio which “recovered” the missing files off the iPod. But now the files are “unreadable”. I did not add any songs to the iPod since they were erased, so I can’t believe they were written over in any way. I used another program called “4Musics multiformat” which re-converted the MP3 back to MP3 and it worked great for 1 song, but then the program promptly crashed each time I dragged in more than one song into it… uggg…so close. I also tried using a program called MP3 repair Tool by Aspect 1, which said it repaired the file, but didn’t do anything.
1. The un-repaired songs are the same file size as the originals.
2. I can tell a file has been properly repaired when the song info such as the artist, album title etc. appears in the folder.
3. iPod stores the songs in random order in hidden folders labeled F00, F001, F002 etc. Folders F00 to about F012 were erased.
1. How can I repair my MP3# files?
2. How can I back up my iTunes on DVD folder without loosing song? How were they lost?
A big THANKS in advance to anyone who can help me shed some light on this, thus preventing me from killing myself and/or my computer!