Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Load Error! Press any key to reboot!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

wsroufe

wsroufe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am not sure what happen. I was upgrading my Adobe Reader and when I rebooted I got - Load Error! Press any key to reboot!

I have refomatted, etc. I am at a loss. Please help.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Hi wsroufe. Welcome to GTG. :tazz:

Let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log back here with the results.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

rickfray

rickfray

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I have a similiar problem, but I can't get the computer (Toshiba Satellite 1135-S125 laptop, Win XP) to get to the point where I could run HiJack It. I've tried restoring from the original restore CDs 5 times and each time after it reboots it goes immediately to a black screen with the words "Load Error! Press a key to reboot..." Hitting any key just repeats the text. The restore process appears to work correctly thru the 3 disks. I've taken it to Best Buy who I bought it from and they claim they tested the hard drive with no problems and said it was not a hardware problem. I have no idea what if any other testing they did - CD-RW drive, processor board, etc. So apart from going to a different Best Buy (I have a product service plan with them to fix these types of problems), any ideas? Thanks

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
RF: Start a new thread please. :tazz: And follow the instructions given in the previous thread. Also copy and paste the problem you just stated into the new thread. Thanks.

joesjeps

joesjeps

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm having the same problem with my system and apparently so is PBEARSEVEN and BOB111 and others in this thread. I've reformated several times, run Norton A/V from its disk as well as the Dell Diagnostics disk and the hard drive diagnostics diskette. All report no problems. Will not go into safe mode.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Is Load error all it says or is there more
Peterm

joesjeps

joesjeps

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Screen says: "Load Error! Press any key to reboot". Pressing any key only repeats the message, repeatedly

Topic closed.

Edited by coachwife6, 17 March 2005 - 10:33 AM.