1) What operating System's do you have on the PC's in question, Windows XP w/ SP2
2) What is the Model and Manufacturer of the Wireless Adapter / Card currently Installed on your problematic PC? The wireless is not the problem, i can't get the router to set up
3) What is the Model and Manufacturer of the Wireless Router you are using? Netgear WGR614
4) Are you using the software that came with your wireless adapter to manage your connectivity to the router, or if using XP are you using the Wireless Zero Configuration (referred to as WZC)? can't get the router to work, haven't even gotten to the wireless connection yet
5) What IP Configuration are you using (Example.. DHCP, PPoE / Static, Automatic) Auto, i can't login to the router to change it.
6) What troubleshooting steps have you taken already? this is exactly what i did
loaded the router CD onto the computer, it checked for my internet connection (it was hooked up directly to the modem) and found it. It told me to go through the steps yadda yadda so in the end my computer is hookedup to the router which is hooked up to the modem(all cables are correct btw). Then turn on the modem, wait, turn on the router. Then it goes to restart my network and says the router is unavailable and the only option it gives me is for me to try it again. I've already tried resetting the router and it doesnt make a difference.
its frusterating because i've set up wireless before and never had this problem @#$$%
Edited by kalele, 11 November 2005 - 02:32 PM.