Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Programming

• Please log in to reply

WTF

WTF

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
what are the major programs involved in game programing? And how do u convert a newly completed game to a game station format. is it a compeny thing or what?

Edited by WTF, 10 November 2005 - 09:12 PM.

Advertisements

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
I am curious to know that answer as well...not because i want to make a game..but i would just like to know what program or programs real games are made on...(like UT2004 ecc)

Stupid question... :tazz: but its curious :)

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a few programs that EVERYONE uses to code. From what I have read, though, Engine code is mostly done with C++. I know a couple programmers and an artist who work with creating video games. One programmer uses a language called TorqueScript (kinda like C++), another uses Java, and the artist works with a program called Maya.

Do a search for "Video Game Programming" and see what you come up with... :tazz:

WTF

WTF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
tank you

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
www.gamemaker.nl
The quality of your game depends on your imagination and ability to research...
You can make virtually any typeof game.. see their forums..