Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cleanmgr not working!

• Please log in to reply

mdershewitz

mdershewitz

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Help! I am trying to clean out my hard drive after about a year finally, and cleanmgr is not functioning. As a result, I am finding it impossible to clear out all my temporary drives. Does anyone have an idea why this program is not functioning?

Thanks,
Mike

Advertisements

Koretek

Koretek

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Hello Mdershewitz

Welcome to the Geekstogo forums ;D

Tell me a litlle more, do you suspect or have had Virus warning? This question really belonged in another folder otherwise but your here now so Ill try to help you but after this would you please post your Q in the WindowsXP folder, under the "Forumms" you will see the third folder down has the Windows OS folder. People think we answer quicker here but actually HJT is our most active topic so the staff here LIKES to answer other questions and U will be helped just as quickly! : )

Heres a program to clean your Temp Folders, after this if you have your XP disc our gratious Admin has a post about repairing your system without losing your personal folders here.......Recovery of XP

And heres your cleaner for the Temp Folders and all the histories and all that cluttery type trash!

File Cleaner In case you still need to post heres a few Q's to help us help you better MD.

1. is there multiple user accounts on the computer.( other sign in names?)

2. In your own words whats happening including any error messages.

3 Have you taken steps to fix this problem, did you try to fix the problem in safe mode or by rebooting?

Do you have ANY idea why this started happening originally? What does the program actually do when you try to use and give it the command, are you getting a blank screen or does the PC seem to be hanging up or taking a real real long time to load recently?

Ok, I tried and I hope this helps you Md, if you need to repost please use the OS folder and thanx 4 using Geekstogo forums! :tazz:

Edited by Koretek, 22 January 2005 - 12:51 PM.