Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installation Running & Removal problems with NetObjects Fusion8

• Please log in to reply

basils57

basils57

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi Folks

I seem to have got into a big can of worms!

I've just installed (not too sucessfully, it would seem) NetObjects Fusion 8.
When I come to open the program up I get the message:

A Runtime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to debug?
Line 104
Error: ‘NOF.UPDATE.Updater’ is null or not an object.

Pressing Yes goes to Just-in-time debugging window, which if I click yes, use the selected debugger, comes op with MS Script editor, which I don’t understand at all.

If I cancel the message, then the program opens and operates, but would seem to not be operating correctly as part seems to be 'missing'.

I can't uninstall it either; trying to uninstall via add/remove progs brings up:

NetObjects Fusion 8

>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp(485)
pAPP:NetObjects Fusion 8
PVENDOR;Website Pros
PGUID:86EF6C1E-9091-4E08-860B-EF3917A15844
$7.1.100.1248
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 0.64

When I click on ok, then

InstallShield Wizard comes up stating that Setup has experienced an error and to:
- Close any running programs
- empty the temp folder
- Check internet setup
And then try to run setup again

Error Code -5001

Not only all of this, but now, when I put the disc containing the NetObjects Fusion 8 program into the CD reader, I get the Just-in-time debugging window come up as well. If I cancel this, then the CD seems to work ok.
Putting any other CD in the reader doesn't bring this window up, by the way.

All in all, I'm totally confused, and don't seem to be able to see where to go to get out of this.

How can I uninstall this program?

I'm also getting onto NetObjects, but I gather that they are 'slow' to respond, and I don't know if it is their fault anyway.

Anyone any ideas please?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I would use the microsoft installer cleanup utility: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

install it. run it, select netobjects and click remove. the reinstall netobjects.

basils57

basils57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Thanks for that Starjax

I downloaded it and ran it, but NOF wasn't there.

I had previously used RegCleaner from WorldStart.com - I used the prog (RegCleaner) to uninstall NOF and it appeared to do the trick - No sign of it in Start progs or even in add/remove progs in control panel......BUT it's still in Program files, all 65Mb of it. However, it now it won't launch.

Can you suggest anything else?

Incidentally, & I don't know if this is connected, System Restore won't operate. I've tried 2 differentr restore points, to no avail.

Edited by basils57, 12 November 2005 - 12:47 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
physically delete it under program files and then reinstall.

basils57

basils57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
The program won't manually delete from program files - I get the message: 'Cannot delete asrv.dll. Access is denied'.

What suggestions now please?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
boot into safe mode and then delete it.

basils57

basils57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Thanks Starjax, I appreciate your time and apologise for my ignorance. Thankfully, I have now managed to delete this from my system.

However....... Upon attempting to reinstall the following happened:
when I loaded the proprietory disk, I got a Just-in-time debugging window appear. Not understanding it, I cancelled it and carried on with the installation.
A while through the installation the comp crashed and I got the blue major error screen come up.
I restarted, and was then at the same situation as previously, only this time I knew how to delete the NOF that had loaded, from my system.

Is the JIT debugging window appearance a sign that the installation disc is faulty or corrupt, or is there something else going on?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
when you got the blue screen it should have given you some information at the top... like irq less or equal followed by a stop code. Thats what I need to futher diagnose your issue.

basils57

basils57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
The stop code was:
STOP:0X000000C5 (0X00000004, 0X00000002, 0X00000001, 0X8054AE34).

Unfortunately, I didn't notice any irq info.

Edited by basils57, 13 November 2005 - 08:43 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
0x000000C5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
An attempt occurred to touch invalid memory at a process IRQL that is too high. This is almost always caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. If you’ve recently installed any new software, check to see if it’s properly installed; and check for updated drivers on the manufacturer’s web site.
Error Message: STOP 0x000000C5 DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL {KB 291810} Win 2000
Computer May Hang During a Heavy Load with an Ericsson HIS Modem {KB 319810} Win 2000, Win XP

I would start by making usre your video, sound, and other system drivers are updated. also make sure your current with your windows updates. If that fails to solve the issue then you may need to contact netobjects support:
http://www.netobject...dsolutions.html

basils57

basils57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Thanks, I'll do that,and get back afterwards.