Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook takes FOREVER to send

• Please log in to reply

Alopeke

Alopeke

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I am having a problem with Outlook sending e-mails. After I compose the e-mail I click send and it takes a long time to send it, usually a minute or two. There is nothing special about these e-mails and no attached files, plain text, and sent to only a couple of people. I have tried compacting the Outlook file but that hasn't fixed it either. I have tried the usual spyware, virus, and reinstalling.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

hulud

hulud

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
same thing is happening for offsite users at my company, takes a long time to send/receive... why does this happen!!!???

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Mostly, if you create an e-mail when Word is set as the editor, if you click send then look in task manager / processes, Winword and Outlook are both using heaps, if you end both processes then restart Outlook the mail should send straightaway, which isn't good for an Office suite but that is usually what's happening