Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop XP pro won't boot (even from CD)

• Please log in to reply

orgs1

orgs1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Gateway Laptop (2yrs old) . When I boot normally I get this BSOD ...unmountable boot volume. I've also tried to boot in all other modes....ie Safe, Last Known etc etc ...Same BSOD! I've also tried to boot from CD. It loads all the the drivers, system info etc. When the screen comes up continue installation, repair using recovery console or exit setup... no matter which one I try to enter the computer screen just sits there as if I didn't press enter or R or exit ( ocassionally if I hit enter quick enough it will take me to the setup EULA, but then when I press F8 to agre and continue it freezes on that screen. The battery is fully charged and the power adapter is also connected (although I have tried booting w/ just battery, just power cord or both). I realize that obviously there are some corrupted files files on the disk, but why can I not even get to setup or repair to fix these files? At one point I did see that isapnp.sys file is corrupted or missing. What else can I try to repair this volume.( I even tried booting from XP's set of floppies). I've never seen this before, I mean I've had BSOD's before ,but have always been able to repair them or at least been able to attempt to repair. Also I NEED to get the info from this disk (year end business reports, payroll records etc). Is there some where I can send the disk and pay someone to recover this important data? I'm freakin' out and I know already (and am kickin' myself in the A**) for not backing up. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...PLEASE Help Me!!!!!! :tazz:

Advertisements