Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus A8V Deluxe Won't Boot to Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply

pvc4twenty

pvc4twenty

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I am trying to get to safe mode. I tap F8 when I boot up. I then get a screen where I choose my boot device: hard drive1, hard drive2, cd1, cd2. What can I do to get into Safe Mode?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. Getting into safe mode is windows specific, not motherboard or bios specific. F8 is the way. Here is what windows help has to say about it:

To start the computer in safe mode
You should print these instructions before continuing. They will not be available after you shut your computer down in step 2.
Click Start, click Shut Down, and then, in the drop-down list, click Shut down.
In the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK.
When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate safe mode option, and then press ENTER.
If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.