Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2nd Hard drive spins but doesn't show up

• Please log in to reply

simplydc3

simplydc3

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have 2 hard drives...the one with my system on it works fine...but the 2nd one isn't showing up in My Computer anymore...i can hear it spinning and everything so i'm not sure why its not showing up...anybody kno?...my teacher told me to check the cables...and its not the cables..its a wd1600bb...i checked the website..
i've done everything...it did show up once days ago...and i tried to click on one of the folders and it said
"unreadable" or something like that..so i'm thinkin i just need to go ahead and get another hard drive and start my collection over? anybody kno

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Go to western digitals website and get their hd diagnostic software and run that. That may tell you what the problem is. Note some western digital drives have 3 year warranties though they won't recover your data for you....

simplydc3

simplydc3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yea i looked and its not under warranty...tried the test..and it only finds the 1 hard drive...i think i'm gonna get an external hard drive...are they more reliable