Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEED HELP! Spy Trooper/Spy Axe + More Adware

• Please log in to reply

allstar_15

allstar_15

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Okay, i am very frustrated. I go to one site to download one file, and all of a sudden my PC goes crazy with spyware.

Some symptoms I've been having:
- Hijacked browser to http://www.syserror.com
- Popups for "Spyware Removal"
- The taskbar has little bubbles that pop up saying "System Alert: Popups" and "Your computer is infected" (very annoying)
Those redirect me to spyware removal tool websites
- Shortcuts have been added to my desktop without my approval

I've ran adware, spy doctor, spybot, and norten antivirus, but nothing helps. All of them say "No files detected" Can someone plzz help me!!! i don't know what to do.
:tazz: :) :)

Advertisements

allstar_15

allstar_15

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i forgot to mention that i have a eMachines, AMD Athlon™ XP 2800+, 2.09 GHz, and 448 MB of Ram. I don't know if this will help :tazz:

Shadow Tech

Shadow Tech

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Wow thats a big problem maybe one of the Geek staff will post. Sorry:(

allstar_15

allstar_15

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i'm scanning now with ewido. Is it a good problem, and can it fix my problem? :tazz:

allstar_15

allstar_15

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
*idea

Shadow Tech

Shadow Tech

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
First of all dont double post please and second you might not beable to fix it.. It might be a trojan so you might have to reinstall windows.

~Shadow Tech

Edited by Shadow Tech, 11 November 2005 - 04:06 PM.

allstar_15

allstar_15

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
good news, Hijacked browser to http://www.syserror.com and Shortcuts have been added to my desktop without my approval have stopped. The only thing that hasn't stop is a pop-up in the lower, right-hand corner, where the clock appears, saying "System Alert: Popups" or "Your computer is infected"? Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi all_star15! Welcome to G2G!

What I suggest you do is head on over to the Malware Forum and follow through and do all the steps located in the START HERE. If you are still having problems after doing all those steps, then please post a HiJackThis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems, after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to have solve your current situation.

Good luck!

Fenor