Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't share files

• Please log in to reply

Diego8

Diego8

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
When i try to share a folder/drive the following message shows up:
As a security mesure, Windows has disabled remote access to this computer. However, you can enable remote access and safely share files by running the Network Setup Wizard.
I run it, but when the wizard starts configuring the network an error window appears saying "Cannot Complete the Network Setup Wizard. An error occurred during configuration of the network on this computer . You can configure the network manually, or you can run the wizard again with different settings".
Is there a way to configure the network manually?.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I have boradband internet access through my ethernet adapter, so hardware is fine.

Edited by Diego8, 11 November 2005 - 05:04 PM.

Advertisements

Diego8

Diego8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Turns out Windows was using the the lan driver from its database. I installed the one that came with the motherboard's CD. Run the Network Setup Wizard and no error window appeared. It seems that now i can share files but i have another problem, my computer is not shown in the workgroup. Never mind, i will post this issue in another topic.