Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

questions before new case.

• Please log in to reply

michael2

michael2

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I want to buy a new case for my computer (its an hp, m1195c but ive added a new video card and more ram).
Will my power supply and motherboard fit into any case, or do i need one of a certain size? i dont use the external media drive for the hp external hard drive, so its ok if it wont go in a normal case. Does the thing thats on the front of the comp with the headphone and mic jack, the usb, firewire, and video capture ports (dont know what its called) fit into the same thing as a cd drive? does the media card reader fit in the space meant for a floppy drive?

Thanks
Mike[font=Arial][font=Arial]

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Any particualr reason why you are looking for a new case that one looks quite good as it is. If it aint broke dont fix it is the motto with computers.
Also if there is a reason for the change its helpful to know before reccomendations can be made.

michael2

michael2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Its because I want better cooling in my case, inside the one i have its tottaly cramped with very litle air circulation. I want to get a case that has at lest one intake case fan, and room inside it for the air to move. Also, in my current case, the spot for the removable hard drive litteraly takes up a quarter of the inside space (the case is quite compact) and blocks air flow as well as acces to anything behind it like the ram, and i don't even use it. And i cant remove it either because it is part of the chasis that hold up the hard drive :tazz:

michael2

michael2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Actaully the questions i need answered most are, does the part of the computer circeled in red fit into the same kind of chasis/bay as a cd rom drive does??? :)
And does the part circeled in green fit in the same place as a floppy drive does? I hope you know what im trying to ask, I am bad with words. :tazz:
Posted Image

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Most HPs these days are coming with non-standard power supplies, which mean you won't be able to transfer them to another case.

Your pictures aren't very clear as to what they are, do you have a digital camera so you can take better ones of the items you've circled?

michael2

michael2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I took a closer look, and i am fairly sure that the media card reader fits into a normal spot meant for floppy disks, but im nit sure about this one, heres some pics.

front:
100_2949.JPG 100_2950.JPG
behind:
100_2947.JPG 100_2948.JPG

Edited by michael2, 12 November 2005 - 07:01 PM.