Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PXE-E61 Boot Error

• Please log in to reply

BillW401

BillW401

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Toshiba Satellite A75 laptop that has worked fine for about a year. I just started getting the PXE-E61 error when booting up. I checked BIOS settings and the hard drive is the first option, so apparently it's not seeing it and moving on to look for a network connection. I inserted the windows recovery CD and that comes up. I chose not to proceed with the recovery and that gets me to the DOS A: prompt, but when I try to switch to the C: drive it's invalid. I checked the hard drive connection and it seemed ok. Any suggestions? Bad hard drive?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You are likely right, but just in case you aren't, if you have another machine that has cd-rw you can make a disk that has diagnostic software, either from the Toshiba site (maybe) or the hard drive maker's site. Then you can boot up with it and run diagnostics on the hard drive. You may be able to find out from Toshiba who the maker was for your model/serial number.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
To add to Tyger's comment. I suggest you get the Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD) using the link in my signature. It is by far the best diagnostic utility out and it's FREE! :tazz:

Fenor