Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Not Starting Up

• Please log in to reply

Ryukishen

Ryukishen

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
When I turn my computer on I get a slight click noise followed by a decrease in fan speed then a sudden increase (I don't have measurements but it is audible fan speed decrease). My computer won't boot up and I can't access BIOS at all considering i'm getting a black screen. Anyone help?

Removing my SDram from my first DIMM slot and moving it to my second slot allows the system to boot up but if I place ram in my first slot bios doesn't beep so what could be the problem?

Edited by Ryukishen, 11 November 2005 - 06:45 PM.

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
when the ram is in the other slot can your operating system load or just bios. It could be a bad Ram slot or you put it in upside down or something but from what you said i would guess it as a ram problem. If there is something else you are not telling about that could be it but as far as i know it has to do with the ram.