Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2 Installation Problem

• Please log in to reply

NikNakCanYakAlot

NikNakCanYakAlot

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My son got this game for Christmas last year and still can't play it. We've added all the requirements to run the game plus more and we've finally managed to get it loaded but when you click the icon to make the game start the screen comes up and then it says, Auto Adjust in Progress, then the screen goes black and then it just goes back to the desktop. What do we do to make this game work??? Thanks so much!!!!! A very frustrated mom!! :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you applied all the game patches? they have release several since the game was originally released.

click here for the latest bf2 downloads. first one listed is the latest patch.

now many of the black screen issues and issue where it crashes to desktop can be caused by video drivers. Do you know what video card you have?

NikNakCanYakAlot

NikNakCanYakAlot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm not sure what video card is in there, but I do know that it was updated especially for this game. I downloaded the patch and it still didn't fix it. Any other suggestions? Thanks again!!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
download syspec and post the log here.

click on system info (f5). then click on copy to clipboard. just past the infor here.