Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP home crash after update

• Please log in to reply

georgeofthejuggle

georgeofthejuggle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
obviously a piece of crap :tazz:

Compaq Presario 3015

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
So you are not able to get into the BIOS yet? And you've tried pressing F1, F2 and DEL and nothing? If so, try F12 and even try hitting the space bar. Each computer has a BIOS, just some are more a pain to get into then others....

Fenor

georgeofthejuggle

georgeofthejuggle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I did hit f8 which gave me safe mode. will that work for anything. It basicly give me compaq logo then looking for boot cd then if there is no cd then it gives me the original error I posted when I hit f1 etc when rebooting it \just immeiately shuts down then give me the compaq window again

georgeofthejuggle

georgeofthejuggle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi fenor or Keith
Thanks for your help on friday

I am still not able to get into bios. Do you think it is a more serious problem? Thanks

georgeofthejuggle

georgeofthejuggle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
i got into BIOs (f10) where do i go from here? I see nothing that gives me the cpu temp.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Not really much further I can tell you to do other then to do what I originally told you to do in post #3. Try making the regcopy1.txt file like it says on a working computer, putting it on a floppy drive and then once in the Recovery Console typing batch regcopy1.txt.

Fenor

georgeofthejuggle

georgeofthejuggle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I am still shuting down after about 5 minutes. not enough time to type in the dos commands. I also cannot find a cpu temp in bios.

How can I copy the commands using a batch file if I cannot acess anything on the computer except the recovery mode? I need the cd to boot the computer and it is a laptop so I don;t have a floppy.

Thanks

georgeofthejuggle

georgeofthejuggle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Like I thought then using a floppy which I don;t have. hmmm thanks for the input

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Nothing else you can really do then. Looks like you have a severe hardware problem and on that old of a machine it isn't worth paying the money to fix it. You can try getting a laptop coolor to see if you can cool the machine down, but other then that nothing else can be done with a laptop, hence why I don't like them. Not only can you not upgrade them (memory upgrades are not considered upgrades in my book), but if you have a problem with them you're outta luck if it's not under warranty because the parts for them are extremely expensive and cost even more to have it put it.

Fenor

abdulla

abdulla

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had the same problem when i installed SP2 on my labtop, which had windows XP home addition, which was windows XP. The problem was that whenever the comp tries to log into windows a blue screen comes up saying that windows server is missing, hence i had no option but to reinstall windows.

Advertisements

georgeofthejuggle

georgeofthejuggle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Attched a usb floppy. To batch the commands I assume I have to do this
Change the drive from c: to a:

then

A:
A:batch regcopy1.txt

When I do that it says some of the files are being copied and some are not found

I type exit and restart the same original error is comming up.

oh please don't let me have to resort to best buy.