Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Low Disk Space Error!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a problem with my PC. I have two partitions C and D drive totally 20GB. I have installed Win XP Pro SP2 in C and D is for back up and for other stuff. C drive has 2GB free space after all installation and D has 15 GB.

Today, when I unzipped one big .rar file in D drive to open the file, I got the error message saying "Low Disk Space in C" and I got only 1MB space left. I was shocked to see it. I actually unzipped the file in D, why Iam getting Low Disk Space in C drive? My System Restore is already Off too. I closed the .rar incompleted file and opened again. But same message again "Low Disk Space".

I tried all, Free Disk Space, Defragmentation, Disk Check, etc but all in vain. Finally, I free 1GB space from D drive by using PartitionMagic. But the problem is I couldn't add that 1GB space to C drive. But I can add that 1GB back again to D drive with the same option I was trying for C drive.

This is my problem now. Can anyone help me to solve this problem.

Using: Pentium 3 1GHZ, 256 Ram

Thanks & Regards,

Edited by Vas, 11 November 2005 - 11:05 PM.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks To Go

If disk space in your problem may be cleaning out all temp files would be a good idea. One very good program for doing so is CCleaner see if that helps. I have had troble adding to full partitions in the past with partition magic. What is the .rar file from and how big is it.