Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

itunes question

• Please log in to reply

tht

tht

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
ok..would like to free up some space on my pc, so am planning on moving all my music (all 14.33gb of it) from c:\ to d:\

ok, so i guess it would take me ages to re-add all my songs to itunes after i delete all the songs from c:\ (as all my files would come up with the "missing file" error)

but would this make skipping between songs any slower? are there any other implications that i haven't thought of?

probably worth adding, the main reason for this is that my c:\ is 20gb, and the d:\ is 80gb :tazz:

cheers!

dan

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
I dont know how iTunes works, but you should just be able to move the files to the other harddrive and it should correct the file target. If not there should be a option in the settings where you can tell it to look for music in spef. folders. Sorry for not a direct answer,:tazz: but you can try this to see if it works. Hope that this helps.

Edited by DHooper, 23 January 2005 - 03:02 AM.

tht

tht

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
i can now answer the question all by myself

i copied my music folder onto d:\ then just added that folder to itunes, mp3s et al go in automatically..whereas wav files have to go through the long and annoyingly slow conversion process...currently on wav 244 out of 910 :tazz:

but its not slower...and its good because now i have more space where i need it