Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo Messanger

• Please log in to reply

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi, everytime i try to get into the yahoo chat rooms it says "Request has been refused", whats does that mean??? Why, cant i get into the chat rooms, every one i try says the same thing. Please help out and tell me whats the problem and how i can fix this problem

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
are you running any kind of firewall or pop up blocker? do you have the latest java installed? and lastly have you done anything that yahoo might have banned you from thier chat service?

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Well i do have a firewall but it never gave me problems in the past, and i have latest java, i dont remebmer doing anything that they should ban me for, if i make a new user, will i be able to get in, but will i be able to keep the friends i have???

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
no. but it would be a good test to see if you could get access to yahoo chat. if you did then you would have to go to yahoo and see why your primary user can't get access.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
I dont understand it i can access my e-mail account and geocities, its just my chat, i am going to make a new account now, i cant even get in to the religous chats. Is there a way that you can delete your e-mail account???

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Ok, after miniuts of trying to see whats the problem is, i still dont have the solution. I made a new account named "[email protected]" and the same error comes up, my original name that wasnt working was "[email protected]" none of these worked. So i tried a completely diffrent user name "kong123456" and what do you know, it works. So i assumed it was because the name has "hacker" in it. So i made a new user account "hacker_hackers_hackerinc" and this works to, so i thought, and i relised one similarity between the two that dont work, the password. But i made another user account "long_time_john" with the same passwords but this account works too. So can anyone explain to me the problem, where can i find yahoo support??? is it possible to delete user accounts???