Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyware/Trojans and I still have more[RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

DurangoDAWG

DurangoDAWG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
So far so good, been doing some surfing and nothing has popped up. The internet also seems to be more responsive (quicker). This machine has no firewall but windows (and the one on my personal router). I have all critical updates on the pc.

Thank you again for all your help, it is very much appreciated.

Advertisements

DurangoDAWG

DurangoDAWG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Everything is working great. Any final instructions? I know I still have to hide system system files, turn on restore (set restore point), and what about those ghost entries in the registry?

Thanks again for all your help. Any place to donate (so you can have a beer on me)?

jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
First, let's reset your hidden/system files and folders. System files are hidden for a reason and we don't want to have them openly available and susceptible to accidental deletion.
* Click Start.
* Open My Computer.
* Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
* Select the View tab.
* Under the Hidden files and folders heading UNSELECT Show hidden files and folders.
* CHECK the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
* Click Yes to confirm.
* Click OK.

Next, let's clean your restore points and set a new one:

Reset and Re-enable your System Restore to remove infected files that have been backed up by Windows. The files in System Restore are protected to prevent any programs from changing those files. This is the only way to clean these files: (You will lose all previous restore points which are likely to be infected)1. Turn off System Restore.On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.
2. Restart your computer.

3. Turn ON System Restore.On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
UN-Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.
[/list]System Restore will now be active again.

Make SURE to read How Did I Get Infected in the First Place??

And yes the ghost entries did slip my mind I'll; post removal after work.

You can donate to the site at THIS LINK

jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Copy the text in the quote box below to Notepad. Click File>Save as>name=myfix.reg Save as=All File (NOT TEXT) and save it to your desktop....just double click on the myfix.reg file>You will be asked "Are you sure you want the information to the registry. Answer YES...You should get a confermation dialog that says Info was sucessfuly added to the registry.

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novo]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{260240CF-5AD9-4A62-A0CB-A0963F852894}]
@="KazaaMan Class"
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{260240CF-5AD9-4A62-A0CB-A0963F852894}\ProgID]
@="KazaaConnect.KazaaMan.1"
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{260240CF-5AD9-4A62-A0CB-A0963F852894}\VersionIndependentProgID]
@="KazaaConnect.KazaaMan"
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{55A3781E-5251-4894-AA7D-DF389C5795A9}]
@="IKazaaMan"
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\KazaaConnect.KazaaMan]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\KazaaConnect.KazaaMan.1]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{BFD09628-386E-42E6-9EFF-D0FDC15BB36C}\1.0]
@="KazaaConnect 1.0 Type Library"
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KOptimizer]
"UninstallContentPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Kazaa\\Content"
[-HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3675345140-2382750585-1605616401-1003\Software\Microsoft\Search Assistant\ACMru\5603]
"000"="kazaa"
[-HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3675345140-2382750585-1605616401-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu2\Programs\Kazaa Media Desktop]

jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Since this issue appears resolved this Topic will be closed. We we're happy we could help.

If you're the topic starter, and need this reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Anyone else please begin a New Topic