Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Remote Registry

• Please log in to reply

Ben1893

Ben1893

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
In administrative tools then click on services should remote registry be started and running as automatic? And if you know of any other services that shoudn't be running could you list them. 1 I know of is telnet I have it disabled. :tazz: thanks :)

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Ben1893...

The recommended setting for this on a single user machine is "Disabled".

A good source of information on this is Located Here.

wannabe1

Ben1893

Ben1893

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Nice find Wannabe1. THANKS!!

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
To add to my 'Twins' recommendation, check out this link for information about other services. You can read it and then decide what services you don't need started every time your computer starts. If you have any questions about any of them, please feel free to post your concerns in this thread!

Fenor

Ben1893

Ben1893

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thanks Fenor, I'm definitely putting that link in my favorites. :tazz: