Virus has shut down my computer
Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:44 PM
Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:58 PM
Start the System Restore tool at a command prompt
1. Restart your computer and keep tapping F8 during the initial start-up until you get options
2. Select Safe Mode with a command prompt.
3. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.
4. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
5. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.
You will likely need to turn system restore off to stop the virus popping up again, as that is where it has gone to
Restore will re-instate the virus, so deal with that
If no change, move on to this
You can use these to repair XP
XP Repair Install
Or here if you are unable to run XP Repair Install
Alternative XP Repair Install Method
Use Windows Installation CD to repair the current installation, from the list, which uses a slightly different method
Windows XP repair feature won't delete your data, installed programs, personal information, or settings. It just repairs the operating system
After running XP Repair you will need to install all Windows Updates
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users