Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply

brieannas21

brieannas21

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi, I'm having a problem with my Media Player. I have Windows Media Player 10 and I can't view any kind of video that's on the internet. If I go to Yahoo Video Launch to try to watch a music video it doesn't open at all. If I try to watch a News clip that uses windows media player it doesn't play at all. I know it has something to do with my window media player because I can watch video's that are supported by Real Player. So I need help bad.

Can someone out there who knows anything about Windows Media Player, can that someone Please help me???????

Thanks

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
I know from experience that windows media player likes to break once in a while for no reason at all. I would just try reinstalling it. that usually fixes my yahoo launch problems.

http://www.microsoft...d/download.aspx

brieannas21

brieannas21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Thanks for your reply, I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it about 10 times and it still doesn't work. I think I've tried just about everything from changing my protocols and my proxy. So I don't know what to do next. I don't know if it's my browser or what.

But thanks for your reply.

CoconutTastesLikeCrap

CoconutTastesLikeCrap

• Pip
  • 8 posts
What browser are you using (i.e. Firefox, IE, Opera, etc.)?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It might be a good time to try another kind of media player, i use winamp its better than media player but its only much better if you have the pro version. Media player will just randomly break, thats when i switched to sonic stage and then winamp, it started working again after a little while.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
yahoo media usually only allows windows media player. Firefox and Opera both have problems viewing the media on yahoo. You will have to use Internet Explorer.

brieannas21

brieannas21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

yahoo media usually only allows windows media player. Firefox and Opera both have problems viewing the media on yahoo. You will have to use Internet Explorer.

Yeah and I have SBC DSL which uses nothing but Window Media Player on all of there media things. What do you mean about using Internet Explorer?

Thanks you guys for all of your responses

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
use IE and you should be able to view the media.

brieannas21

brieannas21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Yeah I've done that and it still doesn't work.

Thanks