Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

when a webcam?

• Please log in to reply

groove18

groove18

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
hi guys

a silly question really ....when i boot up my webcam so the latest girly who wants to see my pretty (ugly !!) face i get kicked off the net...which sort of negates the purpose of a webcam ....web, a way of communicating and cam, to take pics to let others see you ... :tazz:

any theories would be a great help (as long as its not the theory of relativity cos my relatives are a bit :thumbsup: :cheers: )

cheers me dears ;)

mike

Advertisements

Tim Wellman

Tim Wellman

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Chances are you're using a winmodem... which uses a lot of processing power to operate... starting the webcam software pushes it over the edge, so the modem stops working. so, you may want to try using a real modem (even if you've got a real 28.8 or 33.6 you can install to test it). Otherwise, you'd need a more expensive US Robotics or external modem to try out this theory :-) You might also try to close all other programs except the webcam software (or try your webcam using Yahoo messenger and close everything else)