Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer freezing..

• Please log in to reply

Baudelaire

Baudelaire

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey!

Here's the problem..my computer constantly freezes after every..5mins..and it's quite annoying..and i don't know how to fix it..it usually freezes while i'm surfing the net..could it be because i deleted all the Temp files recently?..i also installed mozilla firefox, but had to uninstall it, because the browser froze constantly..it actually all started with firefox..then i downloaded mozilla 1.8.alpha..and my computer was totally wrecked..after some resets i also get Generic host process error..and when i click on it it says this:

szappname: szappver 0.0.0.0. szmodname: unknown
szmodver: 0.0.0.0 offster: 00000000

I've found some tips on this forum for the GHP thing..but nothing helped..

Can anyone find any solutions please?
Tnx!

Advertisements

cremedies

cremedies

• Pip
  • 3 posts
You did not state which version of windows you are using but whichever version, simply reinstalling windows over the top of your current version should repair the problem. You will not lose any data in this process as long as you are using an actual windows CD and not a restore CD.

Baudelaire

Baudelaire

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm using Windows XP 2002...hmm..thanks i'll try that one..i didn't want to format the disk because of losing data..but reinstalling seems a good idea..tnx!