Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Site layout suggestion

• Please log in to reply

bilko

bilko

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hello,

I am new to your site but would like to make a suggestion/observation to maybe improve/change the layout of the site for easier use.

In the 'Internet' section changing the name of Malware removal - Hijack this Logs, to ,Malware removal - Place your Hijack this Logs here

Also in the 'Internet' section how about adding a section Fixed Hijack this Logs with the title of the post changed by a mod to what the problem was ie VX2, CWS, Trogan abcd, dialer abcd etc. Maybe this might make it easier for your trainee's to see how a problem was fixed.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

In the 'Internet' section changing the name of Malware removal - Hijack this Logs, to ,Malware removal - Place your Hijack this Logs here

We do listen. :tazz: I think I'll make a similar change... Malware Removal - HijackThis logs here (need to keep the title short).

Also in the 'Internet' section how about adding a section Fixed Hijack this Logs with the title of the post changed by a mod to what the problem was ie VX2, CWS, Trojan abcd, dialer abcd etc. Maybe this might make it easier for your trainee's to see how a problem was fixed.

While that would be a nice tool for learning, and help keep some order to the forum, it would be a moderating nightmare. We really don't have the manpower.

I think a better idea may be to have more example logs in Geek U with a step-by-step explanation of how and why each fix in a log was performed. This could be done for different infections. We try and accomplish the same thing now using practice logs, and the "check before I reply" forum.