Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Spyware infection message on desktop! Blue with black boc and writ

• Please log in to reply

rail41

rail41

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
:) OK, I know this has surely been brought up before but I must ask it again. I had some spyware program install on my computer (without my permission of course~ :tazz: ) I have since got rid of it (I believe) and I am running Norton Internet Security 2006 with all the goodies that go with it. The desktop is reading Spyware Infection, your system is infected with spyware etc...blah blah blah! with a blue background. I have tried to go in and change the desktop back to no avail. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it and thank you in advance :)

Edited by rail41, 13 November 2005 - 09:58 AM.

Advertisements

Shadow Tech

Shadow Tech

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Well Norton Internet Security 2006 is not the best program to use because it has to many bugs. I dont have an answer to your question but try lavasoft it might help.

~Shadow Tech

rail41

rail41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok, I have done everything that it explains on the site and I just had a start button screen come on and something type mspain in the box (I was not even near the computer) so of course I am very worried. Please advise with any help if you can and thanks in advance.

**I have used ad-adware SE, spybot, Ewido and finally hijackthis plus all windows updates are complete.

HJT log removed

Edited by don77, 13 November 2005 - 10:20 PM.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hi and welcome rail41

Please post your HJT log in the Malware Forum

You will get the help you need there,

Thanks

Don :tazz:

rail41

rail41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for the direction:)

Foozer_77

Foozer_77

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Have we solved this one? I have it too on my login. My wife's login is fine. So it has something to do with my startup or services. Haven't pinpoiinted it yet.

- Fooz

MouseSu

MouseSu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is what I did:

Started Regedit (start -> run -> regedit), went to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System' and erased the entry 'Wallpaper'.

Thats all, now the problem is solved.

This Was taken off Bullguard from someone =) i just wanted to pass on the word and help out =) it worked for me =)

Remember to make a security copy of your registry before trying anything.

ircadikz

ircadikz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have this problem too, it says SPYWARE INFECTION, i tried it all i deleted some registries, i used spysweeper 4.5 i've used panda internet security, the panda deleted some viruses and trojans but that didnt help, i cant go to the internet it seems that my internet connections are blocked and everything are blocked too, pls help. thanx.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Adding more comments to this thread will not get your computer problems addressed.

If you are having the same problems as the original poster, start HERE and follow all directions and recommendations. If you still have problems, start YOUR OWN THREAD in the Malware Forum.

Thanks!