Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is firefox good?

• Please log in to reply

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Hey,

Everyone is making a big fuss over firefox, so i thourght that i might aswell download it to try it out.

And its really great!

But some websites that i view in it, it makes the page smaller sometimes?

And i think that i needs more components?

When is the new version coming out?

Do more people use firefox than internet explorer?

When is the new internet explorer coming out?

Is opera better than firefox?

:tazz:

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
1. the page size depends on your screen resolution. You can always go to view-->text size and change it bigger or view full screen.

2. you can get more themes and extensions here: https://addons.mozil...ication=firefox

3. Firefox 1.5 is due before the end of the year.

4. not sure about this but most people I know would use firefox.

5. Internet Explorer 7 is still in beta stages. No one really knows when it's coming out. Read more about it here: http://www.microsoft...e7/default.mspx

6. Many people are split over this. I personally find opera to be much smoother in loading pages but I really think that having my extensions are a higher priority. I do keep Opera as a backup browser though.

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Ok thanks!

I like the logo aswell!

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Some websites display differently in Firefox because of the author's ill-advised belief that Internet Explorer is the only browser out there.

You will need to redownload plug-ins (flash, java, shockwave, etc) as they run on a browser-by-browser basis. Or just leave them until you find a site that wants them.

v1.5 is due in the near future, eventually followed by Firefox 2.

Internet Explorer is the most used browser so far as Windows goes, but its got more holes in it than swiss cheese. Couple this with holes in Windows itself and its easy to see why people are switching.

IE7 is due out next year, though I feel it won't offer any more protection security wise as long as it continues to support ActiveX technology.

As for Opera - some people swear by it. It loads really fast BUT in my experience it seems to display text smaller on sites than both IE and Firefox do.

You can have more than one browser installed and flick between them as you wish.