Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help with minor Battlefield 2 problem

• Please log in to reply

SouthDeltaBlues

SouthDeltaBlues

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

I recently purchased a x700 pro radeon video card. I own a Dell dimension 4600
although my specs aren't great, they should play the game.

P4 2.8
512RAM (i know....)
256MB radeon x700
windows xp home

I previously ran a Nvidia Geforce FX 5200

I was playing the demo religiously then i decided to buy the real deal. It was running on all LOW settings with some expected fram skips but overall it was pretty smooth. I bought the retail version and the x700 yesterday at CompUSA.

Here is the prob:
The graphics are look fine but since ive been using the radeon there is a massive lag in the game now. The best way i can explain it is I thought it was my mouse ball skipping or sticking or something but its just the game or my system skipping a bunch of frams at once. Its major mouse lag that did not occur while i was using my FX5200. It must be a configuration problem since it worked fine with my primitive vid card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THank You!

Advertisements

MurderousMidget

MurderousMidget

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
have you tried putting your old card since you installed the full game? if not test that and see how it goes....my friend bought an x850 and was having problems with the card in general and after some research saw there was alot of people having problems with the saphires x___ series its not your system im running a p4 2.8, 512ram, and a 9600xt and it runs fine for me, if your old card doesnt work either try exchanging the game and reinstalling mayhap be an error on the disc

SouthDeltaBlues

SouthDeltaBlues

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks, i figured it out, i just took the x700 back and got a 6600 nvidia and now i can run the game smoothly