Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem after Maleware removal

• Please log in to reply

daniellouwrens

daniellouwrens

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

I have Windows ME, I ran Adaware and Spybot, with reboots betewen the scans and deletions.
The programs found a lot of Malware, Claria-Gain in particular but also a lot of other stuff I did not recognise.
The PC rebooted okay but when I tried to print things out the system froze and I couldd not connect to the internet.
I tried to reinstall the deleted files amd this worked okay in Adaware but Spybot froze and I had to crash reboot.
Now, everything seems to be running okay but I cannot connect to the internet, I am using my laptop at the moment.

How do I get my connection back and how do I get rid of the Malware I was forced to reinstall?

thanks

Daniel

Advertisements

ilago

ilago

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 363 posts
Some spyware does interfere with your internet connection. I think the best answer maybe to post a HijackThis log to help us see better what is happening on the computer that has the problem.

Follow the instructions in this thread for downloading and running HijackThis so you can post a log.

http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

Please post the log back into this thread.

daniellouwrens

daniellouwrens

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your help, unfortunately the PC I have a problem with is at another location.
I have managed to get it to connect and will run HJT and post the log when I can get over there.

Will I post the log here or start a new thread?

thanks again

Daniel

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Please reply in this same topic.