Ok...So you dont want healthy?.... Here's a totally DECADENT fudge recipe that is totally "todiefor"!Five-Minute Fudge Wreaths:
Chunky Chocolate Fudge Wreath with Walnuts and Currants
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
From the show Oprah and Rachael Ray
Throw a Holiday Party @ OPRAH.COM
Makes 2 pounds
This super-simple recipe will be a hit at your holiday party! Try all three varieties: the Chunky Chocolate Fudge Wreath with Walnuts and Currants, the White Chocolate Wreath with Pistachio and Cranberry or the Goober and Raisinette Wreath!
12 ounce package semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
14 ounce can Low Fat Eagle Brand condensed milk (save the can)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
8 ounce can walnuts, plus more for topping
1/2 cup raisins or dried currants (a couple of handfuls)
candied red and green cherries to decorate top (like holly)
softened butter to grease an 8 inch round cake pan
1. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan with softened butter.
2. Pour the chocolate and butterscotch chips, condensed milk and vanilla into a medium saucepan. Put the pan on the stove and turn the heat to low.
3. Cover the empty condensed milk can with plastic wrap and put it in the center of the round cake pan.
4. Stir the chips and milk until they melt together, about 3 minutes. Stir in nuts and raisins.
5. Scoop the fudge into the cake pan all around the plastic-covered can in the center to form a wreath or ring shape. Let it be all bumpy on top. Keep pushing the can back to the center if the fudge moves it away from there.
6. Cut the red cherries in half with scissors and the green cherries into quarters. Use the green pieces to make leaves and the red to make holly berries. Decorate the fudge with several groups of holly berry sprigs made from the cherries and garnish with walnuts between the sprigs.
7. Put the fudge in the fridge and chill until firm.
8. Remove the can from the center, then loosen the sides and bottom of the fudge with a spatula.
9. Cut the fudge into thin slices to serve.
To give the wreath as a gift-wrap in cellophane and secure with a bow or ornament.
White Chocolate Wreath with Pistachio
Substitute the chocolate chips with white chocolate chips, 1 1/2 ounce bag plus 1 cup.
Substitute 1 to 1 1/2 cups of shelled natural pistachio nuts for walnuts.
Substitute 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries for currants.
Goober and Raisinette Wreath
Swap butterscotch for peanut butter chips
Swap large whole peanuts for walnuts used in original recipe (such as peeled Virginia Peanuts)
Swap 1/2 cup large raisins for currants in original recipe
**First time I ever made fudge in my life..its AWESOME...DECADENTLY AWESOME**
Edited by Certifiably Blonde, 02 March 2006 - 01:19 PM.