Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How would you react if....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well since its so ridiculously easy made i doubt it would be expensive.

Advertisements

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Drinkinng is taking a part of my life already :tazz:

~Dr. Gutstein~

nick_mi

nick_mi

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

especially in the U.S. it's not economically advisable for the government to attempt to ban alcohol again. the amount of money that they get from taxes placed on alcohol pay for a lot of things (like senator's cars and vacations)...besides the fact that when most of the people that this ban would effect sober up....they're pretty good shots with a rifle

It's actually not that much, they make about 5.5 cents per 6-pack. >_>

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
as a member of the group who should have gone to AA but didn't, I must say that it wouldn't hurt. I don't drink like i used to. I remember getting off work at 5 O'clock every weekend and I would be drinking from 6 that night until 2 or 3 in the morning the following Monday .

People sit there and try to say that smoking is worse then drinking, I disagree. At least with smoking a cigarette I don't have to worry about running some poor innocent child down because I can't see straight.I was one of the lucky ones, I never hit someones car, or killed anyone because I was driving drunk.

I jumped on the wagon after a good friend of mine ran his car into a parked tanker, killing himself and the the trucker, it's really amazing how big of a fireball those tanker trucks make when they explode. I was two blocks away when it happened. I found out the next morning that he was the cause of that explosion, from that point on I vowed not to drink like that anymore. That was 10 years ago, to this date I still drink, but in very careful moderation. to give you an example, I could go buy a 6 pack of Beer and it would take me 2 weeks to finish it. If I'm lucky I might have a drink 1 time a month now. And I only drink in my house, I don't drink if I know I have to drive, and I don't go to bars for a friends party without a designated driver.

Antartic-Boy

Antartic-Boy

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,120 posts

People sit there and try to say that smoking is worse then drinking

Well, to drink a little bit (not everyday :) ) is ok, to smoke is not ok in any quantity, but to drink a lot is the worst because you can became addicted to alcohol just like you can became on any other drug :tazz: ..

Also I have read somewhere that long term effects of alcohol are worse than long term effects of heroin :) ..

Edited by Antartic-Boy, 07 December 2005 - 04:09 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Heroin is still 70 quid a go alcohol is 2 quid a pint so you would tend to drink more.

I have to be the only student that doesnt drink like a fish every weekend( bloomin art students and there "free time". I like a pint down the pub every now and again chatting with friends i have only been really quite drunk once when i was 16, even at that not to bad im a big guy the drunkeness doesnt last long especially since i tend to go hyper. Running the length of gibraltar is hard when sober but really easy when drunk.

Since then i havent got drunk(to stingy i think generally dont have enough money to get drunk on me.

I do really hate smokers, at least when you drink you only bother yourself(most of the time) smoking just annoys everyone. Mind you public smoking ban starts in march so that will be good, i just wouldnt like not being able to go enjoy a drink down the pub, sure u dont do it all the time but i like to have the option and it is relaxing especially after a long week.

HarryMay

HarryMay

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
You've used alcahol as a point in the gov, taking something away.If you would like to understand your question and the point that I think you may really be looking for may be found at http;//www.anarchy.net.
Why should anyone say what is right or wrong,and then make exceptions for certain people?Natural law is the principle of peace thru violence.When a person is in the position of ultimate authority he/she will use their own convictions in maintaining order and restraint.The gov. never banned the making or prohibition of joy juice,they merely let it be used for the wonderful curative powers the medical profession believed it held.Thru the years I have collected many potants ,unopened sold during the twentiers and thirties as medicine.This includes beer,wine,brandy,scotch,gin,et.al.If anyone looked at my threads they would see that what may be contradictory is in fact not.I have lived the last twenty years of my life with purpose and a belief that the integrity of that purpose is to be upheld.Peace thru violence is self explanatory,it being that only those who are able to be productive and equal partners after the violence will only then find that living as equals we will really begin to learn to appreciate the natural wonders of this planet. A true warrior only takes up arms when threatened by influences that directly affects the group nas a whole,the group being all perszons in the group,not special interests that are withheld from the many by the few.The question you asked was a positive step inm understanding the laws that bind us and allow others to be enriched.Now you can sall think I'm 3/4 lunatic,that's fine...that's your opinion.

RoŽll

RoŽll

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
lmao, when i get older.. err.. i already drink lmao, why should i stop ? lmao, maby drink less but totall quit ? @#$#@% no :tazz: i'd starve when i'd have a party with friends and have a smoke.. cravin for that beer or raki.. vodka.. gold strike.. would be depressed for ages :) but then again.. i'd just switch over to somethin else.. proly pot lmao :) j/k :woot: err.. if my drinks would be taken away ( previousely named ) than i'd proly be a sharp shooter and a perfect kill on mmorpg's and mmos :P lol.. but bored as @#$#@ if i that would happen.. and proly whole of netherlands would be rioting lmao

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
:tazz: This last reply is exactly why we would rather not have topics such as this on geekstogo. We do NOT condone underage drinking here.

This thread has run its' course.