Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot adjust display settings

• Please log in to reply

Th0ughtCrime3498

Th0ughtCrime3498

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
So I was having issues with my computer, which I successfully resolved after a little while. One of the things I did was purchase and run the Error Doctor program. However, after I restarted my computer, the display settings were reset to the lowest settings (800X600, 4 bit color, etc), and I can't change them back. I've got a GeForce FX 5200 video card, which is enabled and all that, so I'm not sure what to do. The computer is a dell, and the only XP CD I have is the one they provide, so it's not the one they installed it off of. Please help if you can! Thanks

(edit) Nevermind! All I did was update the video card's drivers from nvidia.com Sorry!!! (But thanks for your help in the past)

Edited by Th0ughtCrime3498, 13 November 2005 - 07:19 PM.

Advertisements