Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Dell Dimension 8100 PCI Communication and Ethernet Controller Drivers

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've had no success connecting to the internet since I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows ME on my bro's newly inherited Dell Dimension 8100 (the PC was loaded with viruses).
The problem appears to be a lack of drivers for the PCI Communication device, and the PCI Ethernet device my Windows device manager tells me so).

Here's the issue:
the original owner does not have the original Resource CD for the 8100, so all the backups (drivers, utilities, etc.) have been manually downloaded off of the Dell support site, and other relevant download sites.

I just finished a chat with a support person at Dell. He gave me a link to a dowload page for a specific driver, but it appears that it's not the right one after all. This is very frustrating, and the only thing I can think to do anymore, is to find the exact Dell Dimension 8100 resource cd for this PC.

Can anyone help me? Maybe tip me off to where I can find one of these resource cd's (hard copy or complete download), or help me find the missing drivers.

I've got the Solutions guide that tells me exactly what I need, but I still have had no luck. :tazz:

phua zheng hao

phua zheng hao

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
have a look at this site.