Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trouble in Outlook land

• Please log in to reply

doh! man

doh! man

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I am new.
Yesterday my email developed a couple of problems. I first noticed that when I opened my "Items sent" folder it was empty. But when I right clicked on it and went to Properties it shows it with 1145 items which is probably correct since I never could figure out how to file the sent items in another folder.

Then I noticed that I could not send email but I was still receiving it. Then I noticed that I could "Switch identities" and send by another of my identities.

I finally called Verizon for help and they determined that there was nothing they could do, and I believe them since the guy seemed totally competent.
Now today I cannot even open my email. When I do I get an error message and then my computer freezes and I must restart.

But I notice that I can send email thru ebay and receive it too, and when I click on the link to see new messages, it opens Outlook and I see them and can reply to them.

I can't send thru another identity either now because it freezes before I can do it. I did manage once to do all the clicking to do it before the error message came up, but it still froze anyway. The error message today is different from what it was yesterday. Yesterdays listed an error type or something and still allowed me in, but today's says "fatal error etc" and won't let me in.

HELP!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open any Office programme then click help then detect and repair

doh! man

doh! man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip