Desktop has blue background and spyware infection message [RESOLVED]
Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:39 AM
Is there anything else I should do to clean up?? Anything else I can do to keep the "junk" out of my system? Just wanted to check:) Thanks
Posted 17 November 2005 - 11:02 AM
There are a few things you must do once you are completely clean:
1. Re-hide your System Files and Folders to prevent any future accidents.
Reconfigure Windows XP to hide hidden files:
- Click Start. Open My Computer.
- Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options. Select the View Tab.
- Under the Hidden files and folders heading deselect "Show hidden files and folders".
- Check the "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)" option.
- Click Yes to confirm. Click OK.
TO DISABLE SYSTEM RESTORE
- Right-click "My Computer", and then left click "Properties".
- Left click on "System Restore Tab"
- Check box beside "Turn Off System Restore"
- Left click on "Apply"
- Remove check mark from "Turn Off System Restore"
- Click on "Apply"
Please read and follow the following advice by TonyKlein on how to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future:
How Did I Get Infected in the First Place
Posted 19 November 2005 - 02:32 PM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users